“OGYA CANADA” Can’t Wait…….


It is 4:30 am, Ghana time and it is yet another working day after an unusually long Christmas holidays. I am already awake and wondering as usual when 6th January 2012 (If Flo doesn’t change the flight schedule……hahahaha) will arrive so I could fly out of this country to the land of the “white man”-Canada. I’m checking my e-mail every 2-3 hours, making sure I’m up to speed with every bit of information Flo or Silvia or Dan or Kate or Binnu or any EWBer would be sending down my inbox.

Days when I would wake up at dawn praying that the non-immigration officer at the Canadian embassy at Sankara Avenue here in Accra will be less critical and grant me visa are over. One phenomenon that has become synonymous with sly (the AKA of my name….. and not that I am really sly) is waking early at dawn, a time I can get access to uninterrupted internet service, (something that is regular with internet service providers in Ghana) so I could view the sights and sounds of Ottawa and Toronto, know what the weather is going to be like, what I may be wearing, the chilling places in town and what to expect. When I read about the conference and the issues that would be discussed I feel excited and wish the days left would just move faster. For a whole totally new experience awaits me!!!!!
I occasionally imagine what my family in Canada would be like: a lovely, available family that would give me the Canada experience, to learn about Canadian culture, ethics, family values and traditions, food, inspiration and fun family activities. I look forward to a family experience that would leave lasting memories on my mind. A family that I can be part of even when I am long gone. A family that is interested in Africa, whose kids will be ready to learn the AZONTO DANCE……..

I look forward to a working experience of a life time with an institution that is grounded in service delivery for the general improvement of the human race. An institution that would help me improve my working ethics, efficiency and excellence. I look forward to a practical field experience, and an opportunity to work in all departments of the institution. I can’t wait to wake up every morning and “go to work in Canada” drinking cappuccino and interacting with co-workers. More importantly I can’t wait to build a lasting network of friends who are interested in my career and are interested in building long term partnership with my institution. Through this, both institutions could share experiences and help improve the capacities of their staff. I’m looking forward to learning best practices and adapting it when I’m back to Ghana.

To my fellow EWBers, I can’t wait to be part of the BIG FAMILY; I can’t wait to meet you all. I am looking forward to an interactive time and discussions sessions that stimulates the mind, inspires change and motivates the soul. I wonder every day what the EWB motivation is, what inspires EWBers to leave the luxury of their homes and visit Africa’s remotest of places to spend their lives; but Canada I know, would give me the answer!!!!!!!!!!

I will miss Ghana though while am away, the food, the people and the radio stations. But one thing I wouldn’t miss at all is the traffic in the city of Accra.
My expectations are really high; I am aiming for space and using the skies as the stepping stone. I am anxious to make a change in Africa, and Ghana in particular, to take development to the next level and to create a new development paradigm through SYSTEMATIC INNOVATION.

Can’t wait for the GALA night, to the skating trip and to having FUN, FUN, and FUN!!!!

Indeed I can’t wait to chill till I’m frozen!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment